Last modified July 6, 2021
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 years of age may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Residents of California for more information.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
When you interact with Jurlique online, over the phone, via email or via social media, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be personally identified. This enables us to provide you with information about Jurlique products and services and allows us to facilitate any purchases or other inquiries. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, language spoken at home, credit card information, screen name, shopping habits, preferences and information about your skin type, skin care regimen and areas of concern.
We may also collect your personal information from you when you purchase products from us, access our website or social media sites, register an account with us online, or enter into one of our competitions or promotions.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties where you have agreed with them that your information may be disclosed.
CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your visits to Jurlique's websites are associated with cookies. Cookies are unique identifiers that we collect and use to obtain information about Jurlique's websites including the number of visitors to the websites, the date and time of those visits, the number of pages viewed, the products viewed and added to baskets, navigation patterns and, where relevant, the websites visited before visiting the website.
This information provides Jurlique with statistics that we can use to analyze, personalize and improve our websites and our products and services. You may be able to adjust the security settings on your browser so that tracking is disabled, however, the Jurlique website may be less functional for you. We may use information gathered from cookies on some of our websites to deliver material that might interest you on third-party websites, such as Facebook.
We sometimes use a type of technology called a “pixel tag” on our websites or in our emails, alone or in combination with cookies. Pixel tags may be used to provide us and third parties who provide services to us with information about customer activity on our websites and/or when emails that we send are opened or accessed.
Additionally, your visits may be associated with location-based information
- (i) you manually provide
- (ii) derived from the IP address of your computer
- (iii) where you have accessed our website from your mobile device, GPS information where that has been enabled on your device
- or (iv) the proximity of your laptop computer, mobile wireless device, personal digital assistant, personal communication system, or other communications device (your "Personal Communication Device”) to the nearest radio tower or cell site. This information includes when your Personal Communication Device is activated as well as when and how you are using it. We may collect such data to verify the information you provide to us manually and to provide you with location-based content. We may also associate it with your existing personal information solely for our internal use in order to improve your experience with us.
DO YOU HAVE TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH JURLIQUE?
We are unable to perform a number of our functions without obtaining your identifying information. For example, we may require details about your identity if you register or log into our website, contact us with an inquiry or complaint, request to receive communications from us, participate in our promotions or competitions, require us to deliver products to you and, in some cases, process a payment. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use the Jurlique website, do not sign in to the website or provide any information which may identify you.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION AND HOW DO WE USE OR DISCLOSE IT?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to provide you with information about and facilitate your purchase of Jurlique products, including processing your purchases and payments, delivering products to you and resolving any questions or complaints
- to develop and enhance our products and services
- to conduct research and to plan and develop our product strategies
- to provide and operate our competitions, surveys, events, and promotions
- to promote and market our products and services
- and to comply with our legal obligations
HOW CAN YOU REQUEST NOT TO RECEIVE DIRECT MARKETING?
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us please follow the 'opt-out' or 'unsubscribe' instruction in that communication or on our website, or otherwise email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, e-mail address and postal address and information about the direct marketing communication you no longer wish to receive.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information:
- to entities who assist us in providing Jurlique products and services, running our competitions, surveys, events and promotions, and other service providers including suppliers, contractors, data storage and management companies, and delivery companies;
- to companies that promote and market or conduct research to help us improve and target, our products and services
- where required by law, or to government and enforcement agencies or individuals appointed by a government responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints concerning Jurlique products; and
- to companies that may acquire part or all of Jurlique or an affiliated company.
When you enter into a competition we are running or participate in a sponsored event, we may seek, as a condition of entry, consent to pass your information to a promoter or sponsor of the competition or event.
We do not disclose any skincare or condition information to third parties and do not use it for any purpose other than to assist you in choosing Jurlique products and services.
DO WE TRANSFER, PROCESS OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
We may disclose your personal information to Jurlique group companies located overseas in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, and the United Kingdom. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who provide services to us including data warehousing, credit card processing, and e-commerce services, mailing and logistics services which are located in Australia, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and the United States. By disclosing personal information to us, you acknowledge and consent to these potential transfers.
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND KEEP IT SECURE?
We hold your personal information in a combination of electronic and hard copy files. We may store your personal information with a third party data storage provider.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and publicaly available information.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure by the use of various methods, including secure physical and technological storage. Where we provide your personal information to third party service providers, we require them to keep it secure and only use or disclose it for the purpose for which it was provided.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware or have reason to believe there has been any unauthorized use of your personal information that we hold.
YOUR RIGHTS AND WHO TO CONTACT
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like to find out what information we have about you
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- if you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or irrelevant and/or
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
As a resident of California, the CCPA says that you have the right:
- to know what personal information has been collected, used, and disclosed by Jurlique over the prior 12 months.
- to delete personal information held by Jurlique, subject to certain exceptions.
- to opt-out of sale of personal information. Consumers are able to direct a business that sells personal information to stop selling that information. Children under the age of 16 must provide opt in consent, with a parent or guardian consenting for children under 13 (however, please be aware that Jurlique’s website is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com).
- to non-discrimination in terms of price or service when a consumer exercises a privacy right under CCPA.
To exercise one of the above rights or to find out further information about how Jurlique handles your personal information, please contact Customer Care via email firstname.lastname@example.org using the email subject line ‘California Resident Privacy Request’.
PLEASE CONTACT US VIA ONE OF THE FOLLOWING;
- Mail: "Attention: Online Privacy", Jurlique Holistic Skin Care Inc. 234 East Colorado Blvd, Suite 450 Pasadena, CA 91101
- Phone: 1(800) 854-1110
We will ask that you put your request for access in writing and provide us with proof of your identity. You may be charged an administration fee when we provide you with the requested information to cover our time and postage and handling or retrieval costs.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information that we have about you, but sometimes that will not be possible, in which case we will give you a written notice explaining why.
We will take reasonable steps to correct or update any personal information unless we disagree with your reasons. If we refuse to correct your personal information we will generally give you a written explanation why.